Helping Families Since 1997

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a lawyer to get a divorce?

Resolving legal disputes with a spouse is NOT a do it yourself project, the allure of having forms prepared for an "Uncontested Divorce" can lead to a disastrous mess when the only way it can be uncontested is for one party to give in to the other due to them having greater power.   Each party should be able to obtain independent legal advice BEFORE signing any agreement, an attorney can meet with both parties, but must always make it clear which he/she is representing.

How do you charge for services?

Some clients hire us on a "Contingent Fee basis", in such a case the client pays a portion of the recovery but ONLY if we are successful in achieving a judgment or an agreed settlement; Some disputes or other types of representation may be undertaken on either an hourly basis or for a flat fee; We can also provide advice and assistance on a "limited scope" for much lower cost than typically associated with regular representation.

What percentage is a Contingent fee?

The amount of percentage will vary the type of the matter; In some cases the percentage may be less in stage 1, a bit more if suit must be filed, and a bit more if trial is fully prepared for or required, this would be done to take into consideration the amount of time required and the novelty of the legal issues. All Content Fee Agreements are in writing and agreed u

Do I need a lawyer to go to the EEOC?

No, you are not required to have a lawyer with you to complete paperwork at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the Oklahoma Civil Rights Enforcement (OCRE), but in order to be certain that you have included all issues in your "Charge" is a very good idea to at least have a lawyer review the charge before you submit it.  We are often able to meet with a Potential Client, to discuss their employment dispute FREE of any charge; Case evaluations and a limited scope representation to Perfect a "Charge" is available.  We can also assist with Mediation or the Conciliation process typically on a "Contingent Fee" basis.

What statutes of limitations apply to employment discrimination?

The answer depends on the size of your employer, as a rule of thumb, even though you may have up to 300 days from the "discriminatory event" to file a charge with the EEOC, it is a good idea to file within 180 days so State Anti-Discrimination laws also will apply.  If you are employed by state or federal government, deadlines are shorter and procedures are different.  Also, keep in mind as a general rule, having your "charge" dismissed and getting a "Right to Sue" letter is NOT a goal, use of the Mediation program while the charge is pending can often lead to resolution of all issues.  

If you have been discriminated against, it is IMPORTANT that you see an ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY in order to determine what statute of limitations apply to your case, we are NOT able to determine any such deadlines without a complete intake and review of your information.

How do I get Mineral Rights in my name?

We often get calls from people who inherited mineral rights but don't have them in their name, know what they actually own, or have clear title to receive payment or to enter into a sale or lease with an Oil & Gas Company.  We can meet with you to determine what is necessary and then facilitate an Ancillary probate or other procedure(s) to transfer title to Minerals in any of Oklahoma's 77 counties.


Files coming soon.